As we grow older, our financial needs change significantly. For working class people, reaching retirement age signals major changes. This usually means that individuals need to be more careful about how they use their money, because their only source of income is usually coming from their pension fund.
Banking institutions in South Africa have actively created a range of banking solutions designed to make the lives of seniors simpler.
The Absa Prosperity Cheque Account is one such banking solution.
Designed for individuals who are 55 years or older, this account offers clients exclusive rebates.
More about the Absa Prosperity Cheque Account:
The account offers clients investment options that suit their needs.
There is no monthly fee for internet banking.
Account holders get access to a range of finance assistance.
What do you need to qualify?
- Be 55 years or older
- Have a valid South African ID
- Provide proof of residence
- Provide your latest payslip
- Be a South African citizen
What benefits are offered?
- You may qualify for a rebate banking option on fees when you maintain a balance of R15 000.
- You can access your money at any time.
- You get a debit card for secure shopping, so you don’t have to worry about having to carry cash around.
- Your card is also protected by a unique PIN for your own safety.
- You get access to convenient 24 hour self-service. This helps you manage your account online at any time of day.
- The Free NotifyMe service gives you peace of mind knowing that you have full knowledge of all transactions on your account.
- You may get access to credit card facilities.
- Absa offers free drafting of your will if you are over the age of 60 years.
- Online shopping is simple and secure.
- You can buy prepaid airtime or electricity using your account.
Visit www.absa.co.za to find out more