In insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) is a policy that pays benefits to the beneficiary if the cause of death is an accident. This is a limited form of life insurance which is generally less expensive.
Old Mutual’s Accidental Death & Disability Plan provides the cover you need. An affordable accidental death & disability plan – cover starting from R50 000.
- No waiting period: cash benefit paid out immediately to you or your family should you be involved in an accident that results in your death or permanent disability.
- Choose your benefit amount: from R50 000 to R250 000, to suit your budget.
- Death/disability from causes other than an accident: full refund of all premiums paid.
- Cash back benefit: After every 5 years of premiums paid you will receive a cash-back benefit equivalent to five premiums.
- Premium Holiday: you can skip up to 6 premiums over the life time of the plan. If you repay any skipped premiums, the relevant premium holidays will be reinstated.
- The Accidental Death and Disability Plan is part of Old Mutual’s Life Plan Range. Visit the features and benefits for more information on the Accidental Death and Disability Plan and other products available in the Life Plan Range.
- The plan will cover you as long as the premiums are paid, even after retirement.
- You qualify if you are a permanent SA resident aged between 18 and 60 years.
- Terms and conditions apply so please read your policy document very carefully.
- After you have received your documentation, you have 30 days to decide if you are happy with the Plan you have chosen.
- You gain access to Family Support Services.