A Ubank loan is designed around your needs, and offers a loan amount of up to R80 000, the ability to choose flexible loan repayment options from 1 to 60 months, and an interest rate that is based on your credit profile. You can apply easily at any branch or by calling the contact centre, and you can access your funds straight away from your Ubank account once your Personal Loan is approved
As long as you earn a salary, have a bank account and are between 18 and 65 years, you can apply for a Personal Loan. They will do a credit check to confirm that you have a healthy credit record and that you can afford the loan
You will need the following to apply for a Ubank loan:
- A green bar-coded identity book or South African passport
- Latest original salary advice
- Proof of physical address (not older than 3 months)
- Your banking details and last 3 months’ banking statements (non-Ubank customers)
- Two different contact numbers – one number for you and one for a relative
- A list of your expenses
- If you are married in community of property you will need to obtain written consent from your spouse
Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Only borrow money if you are sure you can afford to make your repayments.
- Only take a Personal Loan from a bank that you know or a registered micro lender. Registered lenders have rules that protect you!
- Draw up a budget to see if you have a surplus or deficit amount left after paying all your expenses. Make use of the loan calculator to determine what it will cost you to take a loan. Do NOT sign a blank document given to you
- Never pay any staff member cash in return for a quick Personal Loan