Getting access to a student loan is often one of the easiest ways for thousands of South Africans to get access to tertiary education. With the high cost of tertiary education, many students are unable to afford to pay.
What you get from the FNB Life Start Student Loan:
Personalised interest rate- the rate of interest you are charged is based on your individual creditworthiness and affordability.
Access to loans from R4000 and R80 000- giving you the flexibility to get access to the right amount of finance for your needs.
Pay only the interest portion of the loan while studying and the rest after you have graduated- this gives you the peace of mind knowing that you can focus on your studies and your education is paid for.
The student loan covers tuition fees, books as well as campus accommodation.
A Customer protection Plan is offered, which covers your debt in the event of your death or permanent disability.
You get a 6 month grace period on capital repayments. If you have to complete any internships or community service after you’ve graduated, you can start paying the capital portion of your FNB Life Start Student Loan 6 months after you have graduated.
What do you need to qualify?
- Be at least 18 years or older
- The principal debtor must earn at least R6000 or more per month
- The student must be registered with a South African tertiary institution
- Provide a valid copy of your South African ID
- Provide your latest payslip
- Provide proof of residence not older than 3 months
- Provide proof of enrolment
- Provide latest 3 months’ bank stamped statements
To find out more about applying for an FNB Life Start Student Loan, call: 0861 40 40 40