FNB MoneyGram is a service that was launched in 2012. The service gives FNB account holders throughout South African provinces the convenient option for sending and receiving international money transfer using their mobile devices.
The service features advanced data encryption system that protects account holder information.
MoneyGram is a leading money transfer company that enables consumers who are not fully served by traditional financial institutions to meet their financial needs. Encashment is available at more than 350 0000 MoneyGram outlet transactions in 2000 countries and territories worldwide.
FNB MoneyGram is a safe, easy and fast way for you to send money to friends and family around the world, without them needing a bank account.
“We believe that we have enhanced the customer experience to make it quick, easier and more affordable for FNB customers,” says FNB.
By using FNB MoneyGram you can send money from any FNB branch, ATM or via Cellphone Banking.
The money can be collected by the beneficiary in the preferred currency of that particular country within minutes of sending it. The money is available for the beneficiary to collect within 10 minutes. It’s an affordable and convenient way to send or receive foreign currency.
All you need is an FNB Account with some money in it. You can also send a short message as part of the transaction. It’s convenient because it’s available 24/7/365.
How to use FNB MoneyGram at an ATM:
- Insert your card and key your PIN in. Choose ‘My Options’ and select ‘Send and Receive Money’
- Select MoneyGram Send
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- Send and receive money as a gift
- Select the beneficiary
- Select the service option (the currency the beneficiary should receive)
- Select the fee option
- Key in the amount to be sent
- Select the account to send the money from
- Enter your cell number
- Verify the on-screen information and select ‘Proceed’
- The quote screen displays the exchange rate, fee and amount to be debited from your account.
- The quote is valid for two minutes.
- Select ‘Accept’
- You will then receive an SMS with the reference number
To find out more about how to use FNB MoneyGram, simply visit www.fnb.co.za