The South African banking industry has a various number of banking institutions which offer clients a range of services designed to improve the banking experience.
Absa Bank offers various transactional services.
The Absa Mega U Bank Account is a debit card specifically designed for under 19s. With a zero monthly service fee, this service includes a range of banking transactions that are offered for free.
Digitally-savvy teenagers aren’t very likely to enjoy the prospect of visiting a bank, so the 24-hour self-service access is a benefit.
Account holders who maintain a minimum balance of R200 in their accounts may also qualify for 50MB of free data a month through MTN, Vodacom, Cell C and Telkom.
Users also get a free movie ticket a month through NuMetro.
What are the qualifying criteria?
- Be younger than 19 years of age
- Provide a valid South African ID or valid passport
- Proof of residence
- Applicants under the age of 16 must provide their original birth certificate or valid passport. They will also need parental consent to open and operate the account. Their parent’s or guardian’s original ID will also be required.
More features of the Absa Mega U Bank Account:
- Free cash withdrawals at Absa ATMs
- Access and manage your money 24 hours a day
- Free debit card purchases
- Free SMS and email notifications to ensure that your bank account is secure
- Earn interest on amounts saved in your Absa Mega U Bank Account
- Free internal debit orders
- Option to swipe your card locally or internationally
- Change your PIN at any Absa ATM or Absa branch
The Absa Mega U Bank Account is a savvy way to encourage good banking habits. The account allows users to control how much they save and spend.
Visit www.absa.co.za for more information