Do you need to send money to someone who doesn’t have a bank account? With ABSA CashSend , receiving and sending money is quick and easy. The person to whom you have sent the money can withdraw it from most Absa ATMs using a reference number and access code.
You can transfer cash from an Absa savings or cheque account via Absa Online, Cellphone Banking or most Absa ATMs. The recipient can then withdraw the funds without using a card. They simply select the ‘CashSend Withdrawal’ option at the Absa ATM and enter both the 10-digit code sent to them by the CashSend system and the 6-digit access code you created. You can also send cash to yourself when you don’t have your bank card with you and you need cash.
To send money via Absa Online:
- Login to Absa Online and select ‘Payments’
- Select ‘Pay’ and ‘CashSend Payment’
- Select the account you want to withdraw from, the amount you wish to send and the recipient’s cellphone number
- Create a 6-digit access code, which you must provide the recipient with, and confirm the payment
To send money via Cellphone Banking:
- Login to Cellphone Banking and select ‘CashSend’ and ‘CashSend Payment’
- Logoff and wait for a secure url to be sent to you by SMS
- On the home page, enter the amount you want to transfer and the recipient’s cellphone number
- Create a 6-digit code, which you must provide the recipient with, and confirm the payment
You can do a CashSend reversal by logging in to the channel you’ve used and cancelling the transaction. If you’ve used an ATM, you can find the option under ‘more options’. You can reverse the transaction via cellphone banking as well.