Statistics show that there are 2.307billion social media users and that 81% of small and medium-sized businesses use social media.
For many business owners, social media presents a convenient way to keep up with consumer trends and needs. It’s also an easy way for businesses to communicate with their customers.
More companies are employing the services of social media managers.
How you can manage social media for companies and make money:
Social media managers essentially help businesses market themselves on social media through various methods.
The role of social media managers may include the following services:
Account set up
Some social media managers may have to start at the most basic level, by setting up social media accounts for Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Social media management
This may involve daily management of social media platforms on behalf of various companies.
Social media strategy
When you manage social media for companies it may involve being tasked with coming up with a social media strategy which will optimise the company’s popularity.
Social media audit
As a social media manager you may need to do an audit of what social media strategies are working.
Further responsibilities may include:
- Consulting on how to improve social media marketing results
- Social media advertising
- Content marketing
- Conducting workshops and speaking on social media for companies
What skills do you need to manage social media for companies and make money?
- Know how to interact with social media pages
- Know what content to publish and how to run ads
- Stay up to date with changes in social networks
- Audience research
- Study analytics
- Use of social media tools
How to find companies to manage social media for:
- Visit freelance job listing sites
- Try cold calling
- Inform everyone you know about the services you are offering