The City of Johannesburg Student Bursary is offered to 100 South African citizens, living in Johannesburg, who wish to pursue full-time undergraduate studies.
The bursary covers tuition, registration fees, textbooks and/or study material.
Fields of study covered by the City of Johannesburg Student Bursary:
- Actuarial Science
- Quantity Surveying
- International Relations and Protocol
What do you need to qualify?
- The qualification must be longer than one year.
- Applicants must have strong academic merit
- Applicants must have the intention to study at a recognised South African tertiary institution
- Provide your valid South African ID (certified copy)
- Provide your Academic Record
- Provide proof of residence in Johannesburg
- The bursary has a 16 October closing date annually
Why you should apply for a City of Johannesburg Student Bursary:
Applying for a City of Johannesburg Student Bursary offers a simple way to get access to tertiary education even if you don’t have the finance you need.
The application process is simple. All you have to do is collect Application forms at the Metropolitan Centre in Braamfontein Reception Area, Ground Floor A Block or you can download the forms on the website www.joburg.org.za
You get access to a bursary amount of up to R25 000 per academic year.
Tips for qualifying for student bursaries:
- Make sure that you complete all sections of the application.
- Make sure that you submit the application forms on time. Don’t miss the cut-off date for application submissions.
- Be honest when telling the bursar about your resources and expenses. Make sure that you bursar knows your financial standing.
- Focus on your top achievements. You want to put your best foot forward, so you should represent the best version of yourself and highlight your achievements.
- Take the time to craft out a well-thought out CV.
- Include a recommendation letter.
- Proofread and eliminate all mistakes.