Mama Money is the world’s first social business for remittances. The service lets people send money by using the internet and cellphone technology to make sure that their hard-earned money is sent quickly at the lowest possible cost.
Pep Stores first opened its store in 1965 in De Aar in the Northern Cape. Today it has more than 1870 retail stores and is the largest single-brand retailer in Southern Africa. The company also offers a range of products and services, including cross-border money transfer services.
Pep has partnered with Mama Money to provide customers with a convenient way to send money across the African continent to individuals who don’t have bank accounts. The service is simple and offers an inexpensive way to send money. The company provides customers with an easy way to use the service by offering a way to register for Mama Money At Pep Stores.
How to register for Mama Money at Pep Stores
To register for Mama Money at Pep Stores, you can simply go to any Pep with your passport or Asylum or South African ID.
- Tell the person at the till that you want to register for Cross-border Mama Money.
- The teller will scan your ID
- Pep will take a photo of you
- You get a till slip to sign
- You wait for an activation SMS
To send money using Mama Money
- Create an order
- Dial *120*542#
- Add the receiver’s details
- Select the receiver from the list created
- Put in the amount you would like to send
- You will receive an SMS with a Pay@ number
To make a payment
- Bring the correct amount and your Pay@ number to any Pep Stores
- Your cellphone number is your reference
- The order is valid for 24 hours
- Transfer the exact amount as in your order
- Your money arrives in Zimbabwe in 30 minutes