Your bank cards are so convenient; it allows you to withdraw cash and an ATM, or to pay for goods or services installed. But it may come a time when you lose your bank card, or it may be stolen. In this case you need to report your FNB lost card to avoid anyone using it unlawfully.
The first thing you should do is phone the FNB lost card number at 087 575 1111. You can report your squad any time after day or night, seven days a week. If you need to cancel your credit card you can phone 087 575 9406. Your part will be cancelled immediately and this will avoid your card being used for fraudulent activities. You should always cancel your card absolutely immediately, as criminals can also still your card and run up very high balls in a matter of hours.
There are a few general rules that you can apply it comes to handling your card and reducing the possibility of feet getting lost or stolen:
- Treat your card as you would cash – never let it out of your sight.
- Don’t give your secret PIN to anyone.
- Memorise your bank card PIN and never write it down.
- Don’t accept help from anyone at an ATM.
- Don’t respond to emails that require you to submit your account number, card number or expiry date of your card.
- Don’t let your friends or family use your cards.
- Know your daily withdrawal limits on all your accounts.
- Register for to get SMS notifications when your bank for any account activity.
Losing your bank card can be very frustrating, as you need to use your card always a daily basis. You also have to worry about who may be using your car, especially if you have lost your card in a public area. This is why this important to always cancel your credit card all your savings account card as soon as possible, before someone has the chance to plan your information.